Banana Hammock!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Scrubs RP, FTW.

4 posters

OPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN FOR BUSINESS!

Dr. Cox
    Dr. Cox
    Something Pretty Close To God

OPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN FOR BUSINESS! - Page 10 Empty Re: OPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN FOR BUSINESS!

Post  Dr. Cox Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:44 am

It might be due to the impending hormones thing, added to the stress of the job and the fact you're doing weird hours too.
    It's probably nothing major.
    Smile
    But might be worth looking at seeing a doctor just in case, you might be anemic or something.

Weeeeeell, I'm stuck going to this stupid course which is stressing me out to high hell, I really want this job but can pretty much guarantee I'm not going to get it, this therapy is making me feel like I'm going crazy, for the first time EVER I'm actually pushing people in my house away from me because I just can't handle talking anymore about how I feel becuse I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere, I'm hormonal, I keep crying at stupid TV shows, I've recently come to the realization I have nobody in basically a 200 mile radius who I feel I can talk to about anything anymore, I'm sick of being alone yet I don't like/trust people enough to let anyone near me, my calves are disgusting but it's too warm for jeans all the time and I've just gone off on a freakin' rant without even realizing I was doing it.
    Sorry, just... my mind is going a mile a minute right now and it's all this goddamn therapists fault.
    JD
    JD
    Mary-Beth
    Mary-Beth

OPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN FOR BUSINESS! - Page 10 Empty Re: OPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN FOR BUSINESS!

Post  JD Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:11 am

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just wrote out a longass post but accidentally clicked the back button, losing it. =[ And unfortunately for meee it doesn't save when I click forward.
    dgnjerngkjrbniengneg

Firstly, I said let's hope or something along those lines.
    And then something about how I find doctors frightening. I mean, when I was younger they seemed like this know-all healer kinda thing but now it's just like, they don't *really* know anything, they're just normal people who put symptoms together to work out what's wrong, and if it's really bad they can't actually do anything about it.

Also, I wondered if the therapist is making you wear your hidden feelings and emotions on your sleeve instead of hidden deeper which is causing you to feel so upset over everything. I mean,when I take a long hard look at my life when someone asks me about it I generally get depressed because there's still a million important things that I need to do but are putting off because I'm too scared or too lazy or whatever.

Also, IT'S TOO HOT? I've been cold. Though I haven't been out in a few days to be honest.
    How about wearing a skirt or shorts or a dress or whatever with tights? I mean, I never go out showing my legs, they're horrible and pale and big and gayyyyy =/

Perhaps you should get a cat alll for yourself,I mean, it sounds lame but when I had fossils I just felt so much better when she was around and she seemed to understand and... okay I sound crazy and cat womanish. But cats really do make people feel better. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'M CRAZY
    Dr. Cox
    Dr. Cox

Post  Dr. Cox Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am

Ahhh, the joys of technology.
    Done that myself.

I guess you're right there but consaidering the symptoms you've described it does sound like a whole stress thing to me.
    Because I've been there.

I'm thinking that's what's going on, yeah.
    I mean, in the space of 50 minutes today, I went from feeling okay, to nervous, to sad, to angry, to angry about being sad to happy then back to sad again.
    It's one of those things that I feel I need to do in an attempt to help myself but at the same time, it's... really messing with me.
    I know how you feel with that, well sort of.
    It's more looking back on things I should have done but didn't because I wasn't in the right place to and it's now too late for.

Well it's alright for a while but then I get too warm to be in them.
    And I don't wear skirts.
    I'm 6ft tall with broad shoulders, short hair and a sex phoneline voice, I look like a tranny.
    And around here people aren't afraid to point that out.
    It's hard to convince someone you're a girl when you're threatening to smash their teeth in.
    And it's not so much the colour or whatever, I just have weirdly shaped calves.
    Like where your leg curves into the calf, mine is basically a 90 degree angle thing, it's gross.
    I know it's muscle from being a country girl but it's still horrible.

You're not crazy, it would make sense.
    But then it'd have to get on with my other cats and they're not the friendliest of moggies.

Ugh, and here I go making problems instead of looking at solutions.
    *headwall*
    I'm sorry for my explosions, figure a message board is better than the inner walls of my skull.
    I'm just going crazy from hormones and therapy and... well and seeing my mum's headstone for the first time today.
    Kinda sent me into a bad place.
    Dr. Cox
    Dr. Cox

Post  Dr. Cox Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:25 pm

SEASON 7
    - I love Lady, she's such a lovely character.
    - The Janitor's had some brilliant moments in this one, "I don't believe in the moon, I think it's the back of the sun." and his mind control deal.
    - "What's up with Dr. Cox's hair? One week he's bald, then the next he has curls like Shirley Temple."
    - "I'm doing this thing where I take a slice of wisdom for someone elses life and use it in my own."
    "That seems a little coincidental."
    "Yeah, but I seem to do it every week."
    - Love, love, love how self-aware Scrubs is.
    - JD and Sam, Turk and Izzi in the park, that whole scene with the kids flirting and Sam's little "I'm-a hit that!" dance, ahhhh, so cute and hilarious I could barely stand it.
    - Love The Janitorial. ♥️
    - Turk learning Spanish for Carla was just the sweetest thing ever!
    - Kim pissed me off, I'm not surprised JD doesn't feel anything for her considering everything that happened.
    - BALL•MART, FTW.
    - Turk and JD beatboxing the theme tune? Love it!
    - Cox missing Jordan, n'awwww.
    - "If I win, you do my job for a day. If I win, I'll do my job for a day."
    - Sam's first daydream was bizarre yet brilliant.
    - Poor Kelso Sad
    - Still love Dan as much as ever!
    - Legal Custodians, I'd watch that.
    - Like how they're setting up Elliot/JD for the final season but not overpowering everything with it, it works.
    - Nice to see the episodes are in the wrong order on the disc, My Princess is supposed to come before Kelso retires, yet it's down here as the finale. Ugh.
    - "Wait, that's Irish." ROFL
    - The whole Princess episode is actually really sweet!
    - And Perry being so desperate to tell Jack the rest of the story that he snuck back into his room? Awwww!
    - "Good MORROW!!!"

SEASON 8
    - I hated the first few episodes, they were far too serious and I didn't enjoy that one bit.
    - In fact I almost didn't carry on the season because I was a little to upset by them.
    - Not sure what I think of the new interns, Howie amused me, Sunny seems sweet, Denise is trying to hard to be a replacement for Jordan but does have her moments, Derek is kinda meh and I can't remember the names of any of the others.
    - Ted got a girlfriend! Gooch is adorable and perfect for him, I love JD's little daydream about them sleeping together.
    - Loved Lady and The Janitor's wedding, in fact I just love Lady!
    - The Elliot/JD situation really worked this season, it wasn't just a quick "Oh let's have them hook up for the LULZ!", it was real and I liked that.
    - And Coxy as Chief Of Medicine! How is it that even when he was swamped with the job, he still did more work with the patients than Kelso ever did?
    - Speaking of, I loved their little secret friendship, was cute.
    - I didn't like a lot of the episodes based around the interns, I mean, I understand that they're taking over and they're going to be the new Scrubs but this was old Scrubs, episodes without Cox or JD or whatever seemed really weird. The worst culprits of missing character syndrome were the ones where characters like Elliot and Turk had been missing but then came back and we were totally oversaturated with them, to the point I kinda hated them both a little.
    - Still love the dynamic between Turk and Cox, that should be interesting in the ninth season as I've read somewhere that they're the only characters sticking around as series regs - I'd imagine Cox will be in the Kelso position, appearing in most episodes, being brilliant but never having a main story. Dunno about Turk.
    - "I love you more than Turk." asdfghjklkjhgfdsdfghjklkjhgfds!!!

The finale gets a section all to itself, mostly JD/Cox but their whole relationship in the finale was really moving to me.

- Turk's goodbye with the ultimate 'Eagle' was adorable, the fact they kept hugging as well, adorable.
    - The cuddle with Carla at the nurses station was really sweet.
    - The Janitor's scene was really touching as well, I mean, as he pointed out, JD never once asked his name, dropped the penny in the door without apologizing and explaining it.
    - Then the fact he told him he missed out on a great friendship? Really touching. I also love the fact The Janitor gave him a fake name. Tony, eh? Fits him.
    - The book JD gave to Cox with all his old rants in, absolutely loved that, loved the reappearance of the old "And Hugh Jackman." speech.
    - Cox's speech to Sunny about how JD was an amazing doctor and a great person!!! I might have squealed a little before crying.
    - The hug between them was sweet as well, the fact Perry didn't actually hug back was perfect I think. I know a lot of people bitched about it but I think it fit with the character. If he'd just given him a hug back, he wouldn't have been Cox and people would have bitched about the characterization.
    - Walking down the hall with all those characters watching over him as well, absolutely brlliant ending.
    - Then JD's flashforwards were just so sweet! I especially loved the one with Izzi and Sam getting engaged and JD's continuous passing out.
    JD
    JD
    Mary-Beth
    Mary-Beth

Post  JD Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Woww, been away for a day and came back to awesomeness =]

Went to Winchester today. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL! Like, there's this part which is SO PICTURESQUE like, there's these walls that were from the tenth century AD and like, this stream with ducks and stuff and this beautiful cathedral which was so.... amazing. I mean, the archetecture *sp* and the tombs and the stain glass windows... Jane Austin is buried there amongst many others. I went down into the Crypt and that was fucking frightening. The whole place looks like a scene from Angels and Demons or something.

I'm sorry about your sadness =[ But A7X soon! Plus you get to see Lily before I do again! =[ Which is good for you but not meeeee =[

Season 8 was alright, I guess. It got better toward the end. The finale was great, I didn't cry though Matt did several times haha. Season seven was pretty good.

SO YOU HAVE FINISHED ALL OF TEH SCRUBS! WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW
    I think you should go for That 70s Show
    "There's a car that runs on water man!"
    Hahahaha, I should watch that agaaaaaaaaaain.
    Dr. Cox
    Dr. Cox

Post  Dr. Cox Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 am

Wow, that actually sounds stunning.
    Smile

Yup!
    Hell, I get to see Lily in general!
    I'VE NEVER MET HER BEFOREEEEEE!
    Very Happy

It was very hit and miss, when it was classic Scrubs, it was genius.
    When it wasn't, it sucked monkey balls.
    I loved Season 7, it was cute and goofy and my heart just went all a-flutter over brave knight Cox.
    ♥️

I dunno as yet.
    Probably spend the next few days letting Scrubs settle, then rewatch some favourites before jumping to something else.
    I've been rec'd Supernatural by some folk, might give it a shot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:53 pm